Diptyque candles and Adele albums included.
“L.A. is an exciting city to be in right now with many tech companies starting here. The fashion business is growing and the art world is exploding,” says Brit Tamara Mellon, who left NYC for sunnier climes last fall. Her new West Coast environs have also inspired the latest offerings from her namesake ready-to-wear and accessories line: “I’m really inspired by Bob Mackie, an L.A.-based designer who designed a lot for Cher in the ’70s,” says the co-founder of Jimmy Choo. On tap for spring: an eponymous luxury handbag line and a denim capsule collection with “a vintage vibe.” Here’s what else she’s coveting this season. tamaramellon.com.
1. HAMASAKU restaurant, 11043 Santa Monica Blvd., L.A.
2. EDDIE BORGO Twill Choker Amber Velvet, $650.
3. TAMARA MELLON Niagra bag, $895.
4. THE TANTRIS CENTER FOR YOGIC SCIENCE, 9200 Sunset Blvd., W.H.
5. ORIGINALS: HOW NON-CONFORMISTS MOVE THE WORLD by Adam Grant (Viking, $27).
6. VALENTINO Spring/Summer 2017.
7. DIPTYQUE candle in Tubéreuse, $90/10.2 oz.
8. ADELE 25 album, XL Recordings/Columbia Records.
9. BLUM & POE, 2727 La Cienega Blvd., L.A.
10. TAMARA MELLON Beshty sandals in Cobalt, $425.
Written by LESLEY McKENZIE.