The “You Must Remember This” podcaster divulges her cinematic spring finds
Driven by her admiration and curiosity for her native Los Angeles, film historian and podcaster Karina Longworth spends her days obsessing over Old Hollywood and chronicling her discoveries on her podcast, You Must Remember This. But that does not mean her fascination with the city is satiated. “I could live here for the rest of my life and never manage to fully know L.A.,” she admits. The Los Feliz-based cineaste—who describes her style as “body-con ’50s meets early ’90s”—explores the eerie equilibrium between the bizarre and the beautiful in her podcast’s latest season, “Dead Blondes,” which delves into the premature or peculiar demises of flaxen-haired film actresses of the 20th century, from Jean Harlow to Grace Kelly. Next up on her agenda: a book about the various women with whom Howard Hughes crossed paths in Tinseltown. Here, Longworth reels off her favorite things for spring. youmustrememberthispodcast.com.
1. RAYMOND PETTIBON’s No Title (Let me say,), 2012.
2. COACH 1941 Spring 2017 shirtdress, $595.
3. THE CHEESE STORE OF BEVERLY HILLS,
419 N. Beverly Dr., B.H.
4. HOURGLASS Veil Mineral Primer, $54.
5. Brother Vellies Dhara Tufted Fox Fur Sandals, $715, fwrd.com.
6. KALASTYLE Swedish Dream Sea Salt soap, $7.
7. MERCEDES-BENZ 500 SL (1980 to 1989 model), mbusa.com.
8. LITTLE DOM’S Italian restaurant, 2128 Hillhurst Ave., L.A.
9. GWEN Restaurant & Specialty Butcher Shop, 6600 Sunset Blvd., L.A.
Written by ANUSH BENLIYAN.